Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wow







So I've decided, tomorrow I will frog the Clapotis in favor of a better yarn choice, namely the Andean Silk (alpaca, silk, and merino) from Knitpicks. I've seen it done in this yarn and it drapes beautifully, as it should given the design. Oh, and the color choice is called lettuce. For those who know me, this is a very unusual choice, but after careful consideration and advise of friends, I bought it. Plus it will match my new bracelet which I love love love, almost as much as my new necklace. Now you must be thinking what the hell? I know people who have offices full of vendor gifts of notepads and pens, well they don't do it quite like that where I work. While I have my share of t-shirts and totes, the bracelet was an incentive that I worked for (which will eventually be accompanied by two watches and a necklace), but what I just recieved was a gift and the thought behind it was the kindest. It truely think it is a challenge to surprise me, unfortunate for my friends and family. Well, early last week a vendor rep came in and needed help reupholstering her display pads. I just so happen to be very good at that type of thing, keep in mind I was dealing with silk moire cloth and am a control freak about this type of shit, also no one else would have done it. I of course pimped myself out on this project and hinted that I will work for free stuff, i.e totes, t-shirts pens, the usual stuff, but all in fun and jest. Well, I got one hell of a surprise thursday evening when that vendor sent via UPS in a bos what I thought was a little jewelry storage case for when you travel (I thought she was thinking about our conversation when I had told her that while visiting my grandmother, the queen of fun fashion jewelry, that she actually owned a rind by the vendor reps' designer). I read the note she wrote thanking me for my hard work and assistance etc... and found out she had included a necklace from her lines collection, a necklace I had almost bought! It's called the 'Heart of Chicago', because its a silver heart on a silver chain (quite heavy too) carved with the skyline of the city, and can only be found her, in Chicago. How cool, how nice, everyone was jealous at work. I've never recieved such a nice gift that was because someone truely understood my hardwork, dedication and all the other crap I do. Wow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you have a blog?

I never knew! You're only 10% of the way done with that silk corset??? Knit faster, dammit, I want to see it!

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home