Saturday, December 10, 2005

Secret Pal 6



There really are some nice people out there, and I firmly beleive that most of them can be found in the fibre arts community. My first time doing secret pal was interesting, I enjoyed shopping for my person, but my pal lost contact so I had a lovely angel step in. I just opened the most wonderful box filled with chocolate (who doesn't love chocolate!)books, yarn, candles, a nice large coffee mug (that will be competing with my Paul McCartny mug for first choice in the cabinet) yummy soap and dodads. How totally cool and nice to open a lovely box on a grey snowy day, yea! Even Piewacket liked the box.
So I just checked out the local park district holiday sale and found the same stuff. Apparently everyone who thinks they can weild two needles and master the knit stitch have a booth selling overpriced lionbrand fuzzy scarfs. Holiday shoppers beware! invest that money in a knitting class and make it yourself. Ugg. And speaking of crap....jewelry, just because you know where the local beadstore is doesn't mean your a jeweler, cheap bead earrings and all. I want to see something more creative and challenging, something that takes um, skill would be nice. Making these things and giving as gifts is one thing, "WOW, Mary-Sue who is all fingers made this, she must love me!" etc. There is unfortunately a fine line between skill and a profit. Most people are too cheap to spend money on something that is actully worth the price asked because is takes time, skill and good materials. Well, I'm off to baby-sit for a friend and get some much needed knitting done, I've got to finish these stockings so I can get paid. THANKS SECRET PAL 6 ANGEL!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome! Enjoy the goodies.

Your SP6 Angel

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home