Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Years Non Resolutions


I do not believe in the whole New Years Resolutions crap because most people fail on those unobtainable goals. I have some ideas on what I'd like to WORK on this year and have decided it's the year of ME!
1. Knit my ass off. Besides three teaching gigs and private lessons I need to start making my own patterns and designs, why not?
2. Get a new job and be appreciated, because hopefully that new job will help pay off the student loans from art school.
3. Get a man, (find a man) or at least explore more options of how to meet guys because I'm not getting any younger and really just want to have a good excuse one day for buying baby knit books.
4. Clean my room. An endless struggle which probably reflects inner turmoil of some kind.
5. Mend my broken heart. I've decided if Mona is not found by my birthday I will either adopt an Italian Greyhound or buy a new one, and yes in the Simpsons tradition she will be named Mona 2. (Ok now that just made me break down and cry, admitting that I may never see her again)
6. Save up enough money somehow to buy a cute scooter to ride around the city with, I like those Honda's that have the retro Vespa look.
7. Start selling some crap on EBay, because I have alot of crap to get rid of.
8. Coordinate and coerse my friends and family into only giving Visa Gifts cards for birthday so that I might actually get that 5 qt. Kitchenaide Stand Mixer in Caviar that I have been lusting after FOREVER!
9. KNIT MY ASS OFF!

If my sisters knew of this blog I would say thank-you for the gift card they gave me for (they remembered this year!) Christmas because with it I bought my favorite parfume from Tiffany's and now smell like a goddess! And likewise to my aunt for she gave my an 11 quart cuisinart food processor in which I can make super batches of hummus! Of course non of my family knows of my blog what's the use in that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home