Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Festivus!


I am so glad the holiday is upon us and the crazyness soon to be gone. I was able to skip out of work early yesterday and fly to grandma's house deep in the bible belt. We are not religious and we don't spend our life's savings on a bunch of crap, so Happy Festivus! Work so sucks that I've decided to make voodoo dolls for myself and my suffering co-workers. I saw the pattern for the knitting voodoo dolls somewhere and thought they were great. I'm going to take the more stress-relieaving approach and while the outside will be all voodoo looking, I have bought a variety of healing crystals which wil be placed inside so instead of wishing evil on the doll, it will have healing powers. How cool is that, knit your own voodoo doll. Is it strange that I've brought four knitting projects with me on my trip. The first one, a knitted scarf of the Himalayan silk for a co-worker was completed on the plan. The fingerless gloves for co-worker number two is well underway. I also brought the Clapotis which is a third done and a double large ball of Socks the Rock and a new sock book to start toe-up knee high socks. ALso have a new book to read, my iPod and my SuDoku game. It's very quiet here and the weather is perfect, though I would like the chance to wear my hot pink coat here and show Arkansas some color and style. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home