Monday, December 12, 2005

My Red Bane

The bane of my existence for the past month has been the damned red sox stockings. Being my first commisioned piece, I think I did well, they took about a month, but I have to admit I wasn't strict about knitting on them constantly. In truth, I kinda hated making them, only because it was keeping me from my own knitting and the weather is so perfect for knitting...basically I'm a greedy knitter, mostly me all the time. There is the aspect of expectation, I really hope the woman like them, no loves them because she paid very VERY well for them. One thing that I'm proud of is that I had the yarn store that I teach for hold the money until after they were finished, makes better motivation. So what to knit next, the Clapotis, the Stitches Sweater kit, socks, etc., I think I can squeeze a quick pair of mittens and a hat in there for me, being it's snowy and all, that would trump all projects for sheer need. I feel like this big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. YEA.
I love technology. I was talking on my cell to my grandmother who was talking on her portable while I was stepping her the the process of ordering yarn on line from KnitPicks for a felted bag, isn't that sweet! I can't wait to see her next week. I do have one time commssion, a co-worker wants a pair of fingerless gloves, he has small hand and nothing fits, if I can find the yarn in my stash I won't have to buy any and he will never have to know. (it would be nice to take from my stash instead of adding for once!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home