Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Czechloscotsian

Thanks to my friend Jenna who made up the word Czechoscotsian I now know what I am. Heritage seemed to come up alot today. I was shmoosing a vendor with my ability to recongnize her Texan accent and at SnB I was complaining that while I inherited my height through the Vikings raiding Scotland it has unfortunately been blended with the stocky Czech peasant stock. I'm a hybrid, tall and sturdy. I think the conversatin came up when I was admiring Linda's socks that she made and that I was awed with the fact that they stayed upright on her legs unlike me and my chunky legs, which somehow make all socks slide down in a ripple. I have some Socks that Rock yarn that I was lusting for since Stiches, but maybe I should try going thicker instead of finer with my next pair, sturdy socks for study legs, yea I like that, plus it gives me the chance to yarn shop, always a guaranteed delight. My two sessin class at Lill Street is tomorrow. I'm a last minute fill-in for the teacher who bowed out. All I'm teaching is felting, so easy, knit a wool item larger than life and wash till is shrinks to the size you want it, now what to talk about for the next 2 hours and 50 minutes. I thought I would bring in my iPod and portable speakers and we could listen to some podcastings of KnitCast, that idea made me some brownie points with the director of the department. I only have four students so it should be cozy. What a pain it was to do this class though, the description was already written which required students to bring size 10 needles but when I inquired about the pattern being used, they had none and I had to find one myself on line. I found a great shaped felted bag from some free pattern site that was black with white skull and cross bones. We shall see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home