Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knit Whore

Yup, I'm a knit whore and I sell my skills. My newest whoring involves repairing a hack job this woman did to her sweater. She made the world's ugliest sweater out of varigated yarn, for her husband, ala Bill Cosby, unfortunately the sleeves were too long and I was called in. By the time the sweater was handed off to me, she had removed one sleeve and instead of ripping down to the right length, she CUT THE YARN. Well, I guess cutting made sense since frogging doesn't work after you've serged the seams, yes SHE SERGED THE SEAMS, what the fuck?? Well, she'll pay a pretty penny for me to clean up that mess, yuck.I recieved the Andean Silk yarn today from KnitPicks, Lettuce is a beautiful color, not too light, not too dark, just perfect, I then promptly frogged all the work I had done on the Clapotis and somehow managed to make the largest ball on my ballwinder. At first I thought I might make it into a skein again, but the ball is so cool to look at, plus I'm too lazy to hand turn the swift. I bought some Socks that Rock yarn a couple of months ago at The Fold in Marengo, at first I was going to attempt my first toe up socks and make them kneehighs, but I've been bitten by the Jaywalker bug, especially since I heard that the angled zigzag keeps them snug and from falling down, which is my sock bane in life. For those of you who wanted to know, the silk corset is officially done, I sewed the last button on, the catch is if I want to actually wear I still have to tighten the buttons because the buttons are so slick that with the slightest movement I would flash all, not a good thing. Goals for this weekend are to knit (of course), buy the zipper for the Ribby Cardy, and maybe piece together the Sweatheart sweater that I finished years ago. Lofty expectations I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Who says "flashing all" is not a good thing? Come on now, you're already wearing a corset in public! ;)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home