Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Generation, My Family?


There's something weird going on with my generation of my family. On my dad's side I'm the eldest of four cousins kinda sorta (I do have two older sisters, though technically they are half-sisters and not blood related to the cousins I am mentioning here and have become Texas housewifes, ick) There's this creative streak that runs in my family and it has really shown itself in myself and my cousins. Of the four of us, I was the first to go to art school and have recently been doing this knitting thing to make alittle money and thus putting my textile classes to good use. (I will never make enough to pay of SAIC anytime soon, ever..), the next in line was my cousin Patricia, while I think her art, ah, sucks, she followed me to art school and is soon to graduate from SAIC too. I'm not sure what the next one is doing, Jason, going to school to become a teacher I think, but the last one Adam is in a band called The Academy Is, and is doing quite well, they were just on MTV, and are touring in Europe right now. I had to call his father, my uncle, to get the hook-up on a couple of tickets, see the concert is sold out at the House of Blues, it is right before my birthday, and... when I lived with them I used to wipe the shit from his ass, so I deserve a free ticket or too right? I guess with my dad and his siblings, things were kind of stifled, but my grandmothers siblings are all lawyers and writers and such. We are a weird family I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Hello, I was blog jumping and I found your site. I was wondering if you could tell me where I might be able to find a pattern for the lace corset on the right hand side of your page. That is really pretty. BTW, the sweater isn't the ugliest sweater I've seen and it looks very usable. I've made things that were much worse to look at and they couldn't even be worn. Happy knitting, Heide

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home