Saturday, August 06, 2005

Seasons/Change


When I was a kid I used to visualize the calendar and the changing of the months/seasons as this large circle floating in space. The winter months were cool colors, blue and purple, spring and summer changed from pinks to greens and autumn was golds and reds. As the seasons change I could see myself standing on different parts of this circle and I could anticipate what was next and were I had been. It's very difficult to explain, I guess even as a kid I was a little weird. Well right now the colors are green but you can tell the autumn is just around the corner and everything is about to burst into brown and red and that the weather is about to change to. The hard thing is I want it to happen now, I can't wait, I'm always the first person to put on the first sweater of the season. This brings me to a conversation I've had with my friend Mary at work. She's been invited to several baby and bridal showers lately by friends she had in college and has a little problem, there are friends there that she doesn't want to communicate anymore with. She says that they were close in school but have since grown apart and don't really talk anymore, and when they do see each other at events they pretend to be friends. She says she feels obligated to still communicate with these people, but why I ask? You've grown apart and friendship is a two way road. I have a similar problem. I have this friend from high school, I would call her my best friend, she knows me the best over all others and I trust her with any person information, but she's no longer there for me. There used to be a time when we would talk every night on the phone, hang out everyweek end, but now, not much anymore, and I can't say its from my part. I would call all the time, hey what's up, want to come to the city, let's do something, etc. but nothing. It's not that I won't go to suburbia to hang out, I would if invited, and watching a movie and doing our nails is fun enough. So how do you know if a relationship is on the wanning end of things, really to go puff like a candle flame. It's a sad thing, and not be sound like a dork, wbut we change as the seasons change, what goes around comes around,a nd you never know what's right around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home