Monday, August 01, 2005

Sweet and Sucky


Third weekend in a row that I had to work, but I think this saturday I won out. Manager number 2 forgot to ask for the night off see he asked me to come in at 5 and I would only have to work till 8:30, but I would get paid for as if I came in at 12, and it's nce that it was a whole day of time and a half, sweet and sucky at the same time. Was in a crappy mood last night so I took a couple of Tylenol PM's, my drug of choice, and slept almost 12 hours, that felt good. Got up at 12:15, took a quicky shower, hair, face but no legs, and decided to take the Mo for a walk. I can get very lazy with her and let her out the front door long enough to do her business and that's it, but she got lucky and today, and got walked. But who really walked who? I went down a couple of streets that aren't normally on my route, and it was very, um therapeutic. The trees and flowers smelled good, brought back memories of family bike rides at dusk, back in the days, and going by the neighborhood pool and scent of chlorine brought back memories of goiing to the kiddy pool when I was a tot visiting my grandparents. I felt so good when I got home I wrote up a rather good cover letter and sent it off with my resume to the CHS(the local historical society), the job has my name all over it. We shall see. I did mention to manager number 2 that I wanted more money, at least 16 and he said how about 15 and that he might talk to our HR, but he's the perfect example of the absent minded professor, and nothing will come of it I'm sure. Right now the only things I have to look forward to are Stitches Midwest and the release of the next book in the Outlander series, YEA!! Oh well, things seem to be on the turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home