Sunday, February 05, 2006

Spinning




I'm spinning again, a little, and no it's not the exercise, I tried that once and it sucks! I finally filled one bobbin with the silk blend stuff I picked up at the Fold last November, heh, I've been busy knitting. I took me hours to figure out where I had packed away my lazykate, but I found it, and to my surprise and bad memory, it had two bobbins of spun mystery fiber ready to be plied, so plied I did, my second time. I've had my wheel for years and years and it always look really cool sitting there in the corner, a conversation piece if you will, but now I want to spin again. As you can see the blue stuff is badly plied, it's al twisty, I don't think I like my wheel, or at least my wheel doesn't like me. I check out the Chicago hand spinning group on-line and will have to go to a meeting and get some help, or perhaps the Fold might have a refreasher weekend class, I need help. As for the knitting, went to a open house at a LYS and picked up some Trekking XXL sock yarn in a very un-me rainbowy colorway. I don't go for rainbows, trying to avoid the how Punky Brewster thing, but I was intrigued by the way the 3-plied yarns slowly changes color ply by ply, I'm thinking a toe-up sock. I'm at a stand still on the Jaywalker sock, it's ok, had to work on a sock for my sock class and this week was kinds blah anyhow. While digging around in the boxes under my bed for the extra bobbins I came across some old photos, and found some of the very first ones of Mona, isn't that a cupcake shot if you ever saw one? She must have been only a couple of months old. I need to start filling out the paperwok for adoption, I just can't wait anymore. There's a really cute 8 month old IG puppy up for adoption named Gigi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home