Saturday, November 12, 2005

Fuck Boring Knitting



In an effort to jump start my low knitting libido, I'm going on a road trip! I have been knitting somewhat, it's like my hands aren't listening to my head, because I certainly thinking about knitting all the time. I finished up my sock class last sunday at Knit1, this monday is my last beginning knitting class at Northwestern, I am getting a little tired of driving all over the place. I've got all the yarn and am starting the Red Sox Stockings that have been commissioned. I've got the width and length determined, picked out a short row heel and round toe technique but was stuck on the cuff. It's definately ribbed, but it's hard to tell by the picture is it all white with red used to show the rib, does it have vertical red/white stripes etc. I've e-mailed the commissioner and we've decided on red/white vertical stripes, I'm thinking 2 white knit, 3 red purl, or reverse, but if I do the purls in white when I switch to red for the main body I'll get that white dash when the red is introduced ahhh!!!maybe I can knit the first round of the body in both the red and white? If you don't knit and you've read this far it won't mean shit to ya right? So the road trip is to The Fold, out in Marengo, about two hours or less away depending on the traffic. My main mission is to get some Socks that Rock yarn, I saw it at Stitches, didn't get it and now regret it. No new Mona news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home