Monday, November 14, 2005

Knitting Geek? Knitting Cool!







There was a time that admitting how much I loved knitting or even talking about it made me a knitting geek, but no more. Thank god it has become such a popular thing, I'm now kinda cool and have cool knitting friends. My friends are not Lincoln Park Trixies, we come from a variety of backgrounds and yet we bond over knitting. If I hadn't joined the Stitch N' Bitch group years ago I wouldn't know the people I call friends now. Enough of that sentimental crap, this is what happens when you have the day off and the time to try to be poetic. The trip to The Fold in Marengo was a blast and not that far away really. The owner was away at a show when we went but had a great time with her son, I never got his name, but the dog's name was Eric. I picked up some Socks That Rock yarn, finally, went outside my box and got a colorway that was not a typial Misslunablu color, but it's nice to try new things. I think I will try a toe-up pattern for the first time, do a lace pattern? and go all the way up my calf with an increase seam up the back, will the size of my calfs I will really need all 325 yarns per sock. Also picked up some Merino/silk for spinning and something special for my Secret Pal 6. On our way out I took a pic of the gas prices, only 2.27 a gallon! I figured out the tricky cuff on my Red Sock project and am well under way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics! Who are those great looking girls!!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home