Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Secret Pal6


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am the biggest yarn snob, I hate acrylic and regular wool is too itchy
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I so spin and occasionaly use my crochet skills
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
no
4. How long have you been knitting?
10 years plus
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
didn't know they existed
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Gardenias and Rose
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I have sweet teeth
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Knitting, spinning, sewing, beading, metalsmithing, jewelry making, painting there's nothing I haven't or won't try
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Celtic, Jazz, Blues, I have a stereo and a pod
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm a pale brunette so cool colors and jewel tones work great, I love black but have now discovered they joys of green
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single, italian greyhound and siamese cat
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To have a fiber arts/jewelry studio
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love merino wool and sock/lace weight
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic or icky synthetics and itchy things that make my skin turn red
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Everything I knit I am obsessed with
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
everything, though I haven't done a lace shawl yet
17. What are you knitting right now?
Sweater from a kit purchased at stitches midwest, felted cat bed, camisole, dogsweater
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I'm embarrased to admit I made the martha poncho, in Lion Brand no less!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
both
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboo for everything except addi's and denise for circulars
21. Are you a sock knitter?
yes
22. How did you learn to knit?
first my mom, then a teacher in art school
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 years
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
The simpsons are cool, but I love italian greyhounds and siamese cats
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving
26. Is there anything that you collect?
antique sterling thimbles
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't subscribe because I like to support my LYS, Interweave Knits and Vogue
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
50 Baby Booties to Knit
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
The peacock lace pattern that WendyKnits made.
What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I wear a size 8.5, european 39, with a chunky ankle, 10 inch I think, I like to knit fine guage socks on size 0's and 1's
Thank you for your time!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home