Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My New Baby...Bella

I haven't written in awhile, been dealing with the whole doggie adoption thing. I wasn't sure if I was going to get a dog, the e-mails and calls back and forth were making me worry, but last saturday I went to visit the foster home, and came back with Bella. She's beautiful, about 7 years old, knows basic commands, but her potty habits are worth shit! I've had to make some changes to her schedule, I told the foster family I wouldn't crate her, but right now I can't have her doing her business all over the house! So I've begun to crate her, it should teach her to hold it in until I get back. At first she was crazy about the cats, a now they tolerate each other, and hopefully soon Pie and Bella will even like each other. I'm also doing the POTTY walks, giving her little treats for going POTTY and am even trying the bell by the door method because I'm not getting her signals yet.
I'm really beginning to actually enjoy the walks. Don't get me wrong, I HATE getting up any earlier in the morning than I have to, but I do alot of thinking and it's been very interesting.

On the knitting front, the jaywalker socks are still at a standstill, I tinked back the the gusset decrease so I can decrease more and make them fit tighter, but I might frog the whole thing and go with a slight larger needles size so they relax alittle. I starte my Noro Silk Garden sweater with the yarn I bought from eBay. the first sleeve was a little loose in the stitches even though I like the swatch guage, so I start the second sleeve in a smaller needle and if I like it better I might just frog the first and redo it. I love that yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home