Sunday, February 26, 2006

GOLD!



Yup, been getting some shit for not blogging, yea yea, I could use the excuse that if I were to go online the first thing I would see on my homepage would be Olympic results, plausible, but not true, I've just been knitting. I got a gold for Team Clapotis and Team Chicago!! I cast on the Clapotis during the opening ceremony and finshed ahead of schedule. Officially I bound of last wednesday, the 22nd, block on the 23rd and wore on the 24th, and I'm very happy with it, mistakes and all, yes I made mistakes but taking my cue from the real olypians, I continued on. Not too much going on lately, work still sucks but I got a new little item from a vendor, a little circle of life from Roberto Coin, I'll consider it my olympic medal, hehe, it is 18k gold after all. Had a home visit from a volunteer from the Windy City IG Rescue, and no I do not have a doggy torture chamber, can I please adopt a dog now??? It would make a great birthday gift, Mona's would have been on March 23rd and mine is not too far after that, ugh! Also joined the windy city knitting guild, purely for the selfish reasons, a private tour of Lorna's Laces with option to buy, and a 10% discount at most yarn stores, gimme gimme! I saw a posting for a yarn dying job at said place, should I or shouldn't I. The pay wouldnt be any different and I doubt they would have health insurance, which I need, damned insurance! if not for you I could be doing something I truely love. Had a little olympic party tonight with Rachael, Shannon and Linda, Linda's project is almost done, but Shannon and Rachael didn't attempt. I made the Chili, Shannon the cornbread and Linda brought a chocolate torte cake, yummy. I had to rip out the Jaywalker sock the the gusset decrease, it was too loose and I need to decrease more, but I'm still not satisfied with the overall look, purely on my part, it looks a little stiff and not a supple as Linda's, she used a 1.5 US needle to my 1. Off to knit some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home