Monday, October 03, 2005

Two Authors In Two Days



I had the best weekend! My all time favortite, Diana Gabaldon was in town Friday, town being Naperville to release her next book in a 6-book series, all 1000 pages of it. I'm being a very very good girl and am saving it and the new Harry Potter book for my Michigan trip starting early wednesday morning. Diana is a fabulous speaker and so intellient and articulate, the wry humor, wow, it totally makes me appreciatley the books more. So that was friday, it only took me 2 hours driving in traffic to get there and I was so low down in the line I didn't get mine and my friend Linda's signed until 10:30! Linda, you owe me a cup of joe for that one, hell make it a mocha! So saturday afternoon was the Yarn Harlot book signing at the evil yarn store, that was fun too, and yes once again I had to wait forever and was almost the last to have my book signed. Stephanie was cool to, down to earth and very friendly, as a thank-you for coming to Chicago I gave her a set of my stitch markers, she was impressed and who knows maybe the word will spread. I'm really making good way on my next project, I also plan to bring my class yarn on the trip to make the example sock, and the Clopatis wrap/scarf, is that the time? Its very weird and I can't remember but its from knitty and very sharp my friends Linda and Jen have made it. A couple of years ago I bought some yummy boucle from Tess's Designer Yarns, it's very soft and a mixture of grape/purple and black. I will update my project list on my blog when I get make, I promise. So Rachel, Sarah, Mona (the dog) and I are leaving weds for Michigan. Rachels mom is coming to the cabin too and is watching Mona while we go to Mackinaw Island friday and saturday. I am so looking forward to vacation again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home