Monday, November 08, 2004

Out Damn Spot!

Why do people use soap? Every since the invention of body wash I've wondered why people still use those nasty bars of soap. Not I don't mean the really nice triple-milled french stuff or the really nice and translucent glycerin, but good ole Ivory and Dial. I finally got the bathtub clean. I never notice how much soap scum there was, it was so subtle. My cheap-ass old roomie would go to the mexican grocery store down the street and buy bars of Dial soap by the dozens and he would go through them faster than I would a bottle of body wash! The problem is soap scum is so foamy it clings to the side of the tub and takes on that nasty grey tinge, and it doesn't help that the creator of the filth doesn't care to scrub it clean, I haven't taken an old fashion bath in a year! It would be kind of gross to take a bath in a tube whose cleanliness was questionable. So now I am proud to say, after several goes at it, the tub is shiny white and squeaky clean!!! Had a job interview at our flagship store on saturday, went well I think. If they want me to transfer it would probably be within two weeks. I just hope there is at least a little increase in my pay since it is a lateral move within the company, 7 times the volume and more responsibility, but you know how companies are, they'll try to get everything for near to nothing, I certainly know they already underpaid me as it is. Good news is I wouldn't have to commute by car anymore, hated that. The train is really close and only a 16 minute or so ride. I figured the cost of one month of train rides is the same as one month of gas. The upside is of course that I will get a little bit more exercise, just a little bit. Funny thing about my train ride on saturday to the store. The train was crowded so I had to share a bench with this lady and she was reading this book written by Rudolph Steiner. I noticed this and turned to her and asked if she knew a lot about him, she said yes. I then asked her if she knew who Novalis was, she answered yes to this too. So I promptly told her that Rudolph Steiner believed that Novalis was reincarnated as my GGG-grandmother. I think she was stunned. It is true. Kind of weird. So that's it today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home