Thursday, November 04, 2004

Ho Hum

Wanna hear something dirty? I just caulked my bathroom. I've always thought that the word caulked sounded kinky and dirty, and I just did it in my bathroom!! Really though it's just one of those maintenance things I like to do even though it's really my landlords duty. It's like playing house, without owning it. Lots of stuff happened at work. When I first got in my boss and I went for coffee and talked for several hours about 'my concerns'. I think we came to a neutral understanding on things, I still think she's full of shit. I did get a call much later after she left from a managerial type person at our largest store wanting to bring me in for an interview for a position they might have opening up....we'll see. ( hope it pays better, I should ask for 50 cents more, play hardball) I get this perverse sense of glee knowing and hoping that when I leave a job that the company will be screwed without me. It's kind of my way of saying, ya should have valued me more earlier, suckers! I'm still not going to give up on a new professional all together though. I have tomorrow (or today because it's a.m. now) to send out some resumes and look around for. Had food and drinks afterward with best bud, that was relaxing and cool. Every once in awhile while I'm in the middle of doing something or at some event I stop and think, wow this is a memory in the making, like I can literally feel my brain making a metal snapshot and years later I'll be thinking, how cool, and, where did the time go? It's raining out, I think I'll crack open the window, sleep on the couch again, sure will sleep well after I pop a couple of Tylenol PM's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home