Monday, June 20, 2005

Summer in the City

I was recently reading the blog of my friend Nora the suburbinite when I realized under by blog link she added updated rarely. Oye, it has been two months, times flown by. Same old shit been going on. Still hate my job, but today it's been like EUREKA! I had a call back on a resume I sent in by a certain jewelry company that likes to use the color blue alot, and an accounting firm that a couple friends work for. So we shall see, both positions look interesting and have room for movement. I would love to quit my job right before we have to do inventory ugh! and go see the grandmother for a couple of days. (because she's hip, cool, just turned 81 and I'm her favorite!) I went to Canada at the end of April, it was ok. I guess I don't like traveling by myself so much. The big thing on my mind is my best friend from childhood, Julie. We lived overseas together, her family was friends with mine, we did everything together, had the chickenpox on Halloween, learned to ski in Austria, got badges from going to London with the Girl Scouts, etc. Well I feel that compared to her, I'm behind in the game of life. She's married, I'm not, she's got a great job (albeit it is the air force), I hate mine and have to start over in a new comany and just last monday I got the invite to a baby shower. We haven't seen each other in 15 years, but remember those friends forever pendants of the heart broken in two pieces, we had that. So do I go or not? The invite said the shower was in July, but her sister just called and it was a misprint, its actually this saturday! I've always wanted to make the Koigu baby blanket in the first SnB book, yes it is exensive, but I love it, the yarn, and it is my childhood best friend....I guess I'm apprehensive because of being judged. They haven't seen me in so long and right now I am so fat and ugly! Ick. What do they say if they ask if I have a boyfriend-I don't have one, what do I do-slave for the company, oh and hey look at my 10 year old car that's beginning to show rust and because I get paid a pittance (good use of a vocab word) can't afford a new or even used one. But hey, I did go to a kick ass college that sounds great to brag about. I need to get a manicure and pedicure this week, the car needs to be washed and clean and I need to find something cute to wear that one make me look to fat, well at least if they get nosey I can tell them "I have a condition" which is true and leave it at that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home