Monday, March 14, 2005

Just a Little Look..

...I have filled in for the lack of assistant managers numerous times to the point that my own set schedule was severly altered from the one I was promised and given at the time of hire. I have also been asked to cover the floor more during our long stretch of being short-staffed. ...I believe I brought my attention to detail to the ***** ******Store when I transferred in the middle of November 2004. While transferring stores right before the holiday season is a rough thing to do, I believe I weathered the transfer well and have settled in and learn the slightly different processes at this location fairly well. I understand that the title of Operations Clerical is the only way that ******* has to give to one in my position; I do not believe it truly or accurately describes the multifaceted functions of what I do and demeans the job and my work. I support the management; it is a harder thing to do at this large store especially since the group office is also here, which puts us under closer scrutiny. My attendance has been great, I have taken very few days off and have not exceeded my vacations days, I have never been out sick that I am aware off. During the holiday season I was a great team player, taking a variety of shifts given and the constant change in opener/closer days. While my punctuality still needs improving, it has greatly benefited me to transfer to a location closer to home. I am concerned in the inconsistent time used to judge lateness. It is common in everyday life to have a variety of reasons one is not at the job as the clock strikes 8 AM, at some locations anything past 10 minutes is considered late and everything before is not, here that is not the case. For the days that I am not at work at exactly 8, I have taken the initiative to stay late and make up the time, I rarely take my two 15 minute breaks given to me each day, and have been known to skip lunch during the busier seasons. I would ask that this dedication be taken in for consideration.
This job is part Assistant Manager/ Returns Manager/Customer Service Rep/Retail Third Keyholder and anything else that comes my way. My career goal is to go in the direction of buyer/visual merchandiser, and I would like every opportunity there is to proceed in that field. My position never receives bonuses that are available to managers or very rarely the sales incentives that sales associates on the floor receive. At this time I believe a pay increase would not only reflect my previous work history and dedication to the job and company, it would also reflect my value to the company and what those in similar positions make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home