Thursday, December 30, 2004

What Happened to Peanuts?

Traveling takes sacrifice. Why don't the people you're visiting understand that? It takes money, off time from work and airfare plus expenses while on the road, and energy. I don't think my family really understands what it takes for me to visit them every year at the holidays, well at least the weather has been rainy, foggy and down right gloomy, ahhh, my favorite way to relax! So the day before, wednesday, I worked from 8 to what I thought was going to be 4:30, but was pressure by my boss to finish a project that wasn't mine to do and that kept me there until almost 6, went home, packed up the animals, registered my I-Pass so I could sail through the tolls and got to my uncle/animal sister's house. Did the usual required visit, hug, hug, he opened gift, which was a nice silk Tommy Bahama shirt that sells fro 100 and I got for 35.00, called local friend and buddy and left. While on the way to meet up with friend she got sick, hanging out got cancelled and I made a visit to my buddy, Long John Silvers, I love their chicken and the crunchy things on the bottom. So I got home around 9, which isn't bad I must say. Did laundry, packed suitcase, and even was able to catch four hours of sleep. My plane left at 7:48, which ment I had to be at the airport at 6:15, which means I had to leave at 5:30 to catch the train, which means I was up at 5!!!! Yuck. But heh, I got to the airport on time if not a little late, no big deal for such a ealy flight, picked up a grande 2% peppermint mocha from Starbucks. The Starbucks at the airport is the only place I can find their turkey pesto sandwich with cranberries, Yum! Well my plane was delayed about 45 minutes due to the fog, so I hung out playing Sims2 on my computer, a group of business people next to me were intrigued, then I turned to some knitting and a lady my age with a cute fake babydoll looking baby stopped to chat, it's the knititng thing. If you're a knitter it's like joining an instant family, you have no probably talking to strangers about yarn and needles, it's really refreshing. So that was nice too. The plane was small, one of those 2/2 seaters, it was half empty which gave me plenty of room to stretch out, by the time I ate my sandwich it was warm, yuk, and the way they crappily slice the bread made the filling keep falling out which is uber messy, so I gave up that venture and settle for a cup of gingerale and nasty cheddar crackers they handed out. What happened to peanuts??? They so good! Heck, now I'd even settle for pretzles, but they didn't have those either. So I got to Little Rock OK, went straight to the Starbucks again, more coffee please (traveling is tiring!) There was this captain in front of me that the coffee girl was asking him where he was going next, he said Columbus Ohio then Key West, she in her infinite wisdom and education asked, "is that were all the floods are?" So the pilot and I looked at each other then I said to the girl, uh no, that's Indonesia. Welcome to Arkansas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home