Thursday, June 08, 2006

Time-Out!

So a little week in review. Racheal's birthday/house warming party last Saturday was um, kind of interesting if not a little weird. Hint, drinking to get drunk is only fun and amusing if others are joining in, going solo, not so good, but very enlightening! I made some of the best damn hummus, regular, curry and my new fav guijillo (sp?) chili, very good, kudos to Rick Bayless and my co-worker for introducing me to those dried little chilies, the possibilities are endless. Sunday we had our usual get together minus Racheal who was brought down with a cold. Valerie stepped up to the bat and we did a little experimental cooking. What we cam up with with the crap I had in the house were potato pancakes and a new concoction, Brown Betty Henderson, we're saluting our grandmothers who are both named Betty, and it was damned yummy too!!!


Stitch and Bitch was very interesting on tueday as our meeting place was evicted, so with the brainpower behind the first five of us to show up we wrote a note, attached it via bandaids to the door and headed of to Letizicia's, home of the splinter SNB group on Thursdays, oops, were taking over. That was actually really cool, they have real food, real baked goods, and real beer. The rest of the week was all shite, Mary's last day is tomorrow and I'm really jealous and envious at the same time, take me with you. I've reached a resolve to ride it out until July 1st, so I can get the other half of my PTO and then leave that shite hole, and screw around with them a little on the way out. I had dinner with my old manager and co-workers, the ones I like, got a little lost in Oak Park, dropped by the Yarn store there briefly, and finally made it to Lalo's were I quickly order a very strong pina coloda. I'm very proud of myself, I tried a new food, chicken mole. It makes perfect sense that I would like that, I love chicken, I love spice, I love chocolate. On the way home, Mary drove because I was quite buzzed, Linda called to inform me that my interview with Time-Out Chicago made it into the zine, page 6 for all you fans out there.
yea!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home